OFI-30 Optical Fiber Identifier
The Optical Fiber Identifier is a rugged, easy-to-use installation and maintenance instrument which detects low frequency tones at 270 Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz. When traffic is present on the fiber under test, an audible tone can be heard. Core power (from -50~+10dBm) is indicated by a digital display on the face of the unit. By utilizing local detection technology (non-destructive macro-bend detection which does not damage or overstress the fiber) the unit eliminates the need to open the fiber at the splice point for identification, eliminating the probability of interrupting service. The OFI-30 Series Optical Fiber Identifier is also available in a "High-Power" version with an optical power reading of -30dBm ~ 24dBm (1550nm)
- Effectively Identifies Traffic Direction and Frequency Tones (270Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz) Without any Damage to the Fibers.
- Core Power Display of the Fibers (-50~+0dBm) at 0.9mm Fiber.
- Very Low Loss (Fiber Attenuation) when Testing is in Process.
- Easily Replaceable Adapters; 0.25mm (250 Micron), 0.9mm (900 Micron), 2.0mm, 3.0mm to Satisfy Various Optical Cables.
- All-Metal Construction.
- Easy-to-Use One-Button Operation.
Standard Package Includes:
Optical Fiber Identifier, Adapters (0.25mm, 0.9mm, 2.0mm and 3.0mm), Batteries, User Manual, Soft Carrying Case
- Detector Type:
OFI-30-HP: ø1mm InGaAs 2pcs
- Optical Power Reading:
OFI-30: -50 ~ +10dBm
OFI-30-HP: -30 ~ +24(1550nm)
- Power Supply: 2x AAA Batteries
- Identified Wavelength Range: 800 ~ 1700nm
- Frequencies Detected: (CW) 270Hz (±5%), 1kHz (±5%), 2kHz (±5%)
- Adapter Type: 0.25 (Applicable for “Bare” 250 micron fiber)
0.9 (Applicable for 900 micron fiber)
2.0 (Applicable for 2.0mm Cable )
3.0 (Applicable for 3.0mm Cable)
- Signal Direction: Left & Right LED Indicator
- Signal Frequency: 270Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz
- Operating Temperature: 14º F ~ 122º F (-10ºC ~ 50ºC)
- Storage Temperature: -13º F ~ 158º F (-25ºC ~ 70ºC)
- Dimensions & Weight: 7.6” x 1.1” x 1” / 0.55lb(195 x 30 x 27 mm / 250g)
- Warranty: Standard 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty (Extended Warranty Available
Not everything we carry is listed online and we can order any products available from this and most other manufacturers.