The LS-100 Series Light Sources offer excellent stability and portability for accurate fiber optic testing in connection with an optical power meter. Used together, this is called an OLTS (Optical Loss Test Set). The single output port on the LS-100 Series provides stable light power at both wavelengths; (850nm/1300nm) or (1310nm and 1550nm).
This Light Source can operate in either Continuous Wave (CW) mode for testing or in Modulated Mode (Hz), which can be used to verify the signal being transmitted, similar to a tone generator for those familiar with copper wire testing. A "Low-Battery" indicator reminds the user to replace the battery and the unit's light weight, smaller size and ergonomic shape have been extremely well-received by technicians at every level.
The LS-102D comes standard with a SC/UPC connector port, as well as a standard 1-Year warranty, and a soft carrying case.
The LS-103D works like the LS-102D, but is built for multimode.
- Easy-to-Use, Straight-Forward Operation
- Automatically Detects Light Wavelength
- Backlit LCD
- Ruggedized Design
- Sold, Serviced and Supported in the USA
Standard Package Includes
Light Source Unit, SC/PC Connector (built-in), User Manual, AC/DC Power Adapter, Calibration Report, 4 "AAA" Batteries, Soft Carrying Case
- Available on Request: FC/PC, ST/PC (to be specified at time of order - fixed connector option)
- External LC Adapter
- SRC-1 Semi-Rigid 100 Series Case
* APC available upon request
- Output Wavelength (nm):
LS-102D: 1310 & 1550
LS-103D: 850 & 1300
- Central Wavelength:
LS-102D: 1310 ± 20nm & 1550 ± 20nm
LS-103D: 850 ± 10nm & 1300 ± 20nm
- Connector*: SC/UPC
- Emitter Type: LD
- Output Stability: Short-Term (15 minutes): <0.1dB; Long-Term ( 5 Hours or more): <0.2dB
- Spectral Width: 5 nm
- Output Frequency (Hz): 270, 1000, 2000
- Output Power: - 5 dBm
- Power Supply: 4 “AAA” Alkaline Batteries
- Operating Temperature 14º F ~ 122º F (-10ºC ~ 50ºC)
- Storage Temperature: -4º F ~ 158º F (-20ºC ~ 70ºC)
- Weight & Dimensions (HxWxD): 4.5" x 2.5" x 1.8" / 4.9 oz (115 x 65 x 30 mm / 140 g)
- Warranty: Standard 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty (Extended Warranty Available)
If you didn't find what you are looking for here, CONTACT US.
Not everything we carry is listed online and we can order any products available from this and most other manufacturers.